March 31, 2011

a little pinch, a little poke...

i knew going into this that i would have to stick myself on a daily basis with tiny little needles, but after 2 weeks now, my flabby little belly is getting tired of the pinching and poking. i mistakenly tried taking one in the thigh this morning....BIG mistake! it seriously felt like i grabbed a wasp from outside and jabbed its little butt right onto my leg. i'll stick to pricking that flabby thing i call a stomach from now on (at least until the giant ass needle starts next week). for now i've been injecting myself with things that will increase my egg production, so that when we go in to the Magic Fun House next week, it will be like and Easter Egg Hunt Extravaganza! a lot of people have asked about the Egg Hunt Extravaganza, and to explain it simply...normally i would produce 1 egg, but with all of this lovely medication i've been juicing myself up with, we're hoping for 20 eggs. so, yes, it's going to be an Extravaganza!
now, for a little venting...i decided over a month ago to get myself ready for this whole process, which meant for me no more Lemon Drops and bottles of wine (damn it!). i tried giving up the sugar, but i'm too much of a brownie addict, so,  i opted to kick the Coke instead. at least i was getting rid of some of my caffeine intake. don't get me wrong, i still have 2 cups of coffee and sweet tea everyday, but i'm just avoiding the bubbly caffeine. now, The Husband decided that he would support my decision to "sober" up for the Egg Hunt Extravaganza by joining me in my somewhat caffeine free sobriety. it was a little harder for him to leave his beloved beer, but i can proudly say that he's gone without for 2 weeks now! so, you're still wondering what i'm venting about...well, it shouldn't be a surprise, but why is it that whenever you tell someone you're not drinking, they say "oh, that's a good idea, you know to get ready for baby making", but the minute The Husband says he's not drinking either..."WHAT?! why would you do something crazy like that?!" first of all, drinking decreases that man's swimmer count, and we need all the good ones we can get for the Extravaganza, and secondly, he's doing it because that's what a good husband does! i didn't ask him or tell him he had to stop drinking, he offered it up all on his own, and i love my squishy for being so thoughtful.

so, here we are only about a week away from the big Egg Hunt, and i'm starting to get a little nervous, but that could be the tipsy-i'm-not-really-drunk feeling i get from the late night injections that lasts for about 12 hours! imagine feeling dizzy drunk for 12 hours without the fun of even getting to drink? trust me, it's not all that it's cracked up to be. it's normal to be nervous, right? of course it is! oh, and i'm pretty sure talking to myself is just another side effect...

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Let's hope it all works "right" the first time around! Prayers for you and your family.