September 9, 2010

a little tropical storm won't stop us...

for the last 5 or so years, every September i've been getting my kids out the door for their first day of school, and never has it rained, not once, except for this year. and boy did it rain, like tropical storm Hermine rain. it rained for 24 hours without stopping, but that didn't stop me from getting my kids to school. those rascals were going to school in a boat if need be! this fall i have ALL my boys in school (at least 3 days a week anyway)! so, you ask, "what are you going to do with yourself...nap?" first of all, i don't nap, that's silly. why nap? i might miss something. but really, my plan is simple and i'll find myself still busy as ever and not getting everything done that i want to. i go to the gym, i go to the grocery, and i can clean all by myself with not a single person to whine and complain.

back to the first day of school (for the little ones)...the boys were so excited for their first day, bags packed, lunches made, clothes put out, but once we walked into school...duhn duhn....the leg holding and whimpering began. even the 5yo was gripping the door jam as we tried to enter his classroom! it took a good 30 minutes for us to get out of there (without the kids), but of course they were fine as soon as we left. we'll see how day 3 goes today....

No comments: