June 28, 2010

a week alone...

so the kids took their own vacation last week, which meant that hubby and i got a little vacation of our own. we headed up to Boston (only because someone had to be there for work anyway) for a few days, but it seems most of the pictures look like this one...notice Mr. Flat Stanley?
i did a ton of walking around the city, where i found myself attracted to the old burial sites and churches. this is one of my favorite shots of the week, but notice how much fun i had with my photo editing (the original is below). the finished product just looks more like an old cemetery.
other than walking around a bunch of really really old things, i managed to eat...a lot! everyone knows that Boston is known for their seafood, so i did my best on stuffing myself with said seafood. but don't confuse popular with cheap, just because they have a lot of it doesn't make it cheaper. i had lunch by myself one day and it cost me $16, and that was the kind of place with no waiter and even no tables! my Nana always told me about the famous Lobstah Rolls and Chowdah, so i finally had the chance to try them....uhh can we say "wicked good"?!
after a few days of shmoozing with the computer nerds, we headed home for a few days of nothing. it's amazing how much you can get done when you don't have to drag around 3 kids! we had time to go out to dinner (that didn't involve plastic wrapped toys or cups with lids), catch a movie (in an actual theater), and even go to happy hour (proof in the photo below).
(me, Courtney (Jess' neighbor), and Jess)

i am so thankful to my in-laws for taking the boys on their own vacation. i only wish we could do this more often. wonder if they would be up for doing this again next month....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe if I would stop having kids, my parents would be willing to take my kids on their own vacation. Ha!

MommaCakes said...

i'm pretty sure that 3 is the limit...can't imagine what would happen if i had more...

Angie [A Whole Lot of Nothing] said...

I loves me some Boston and kid vacations.